A values-driven Utility Scale developer is looking to bring on an experienced Manager of Real Estate to join their team. This individual should have demonstrated experience working on utility- scale renewable energy projects and will be responsible for the identification of properties for solar and battery storage projects, negotiations, due diligence, and preparing all real property components necessary for utility projects for development and financing.
The Manager/Associate Manager of Real Estate will report to the Associate Director of Real Estate. The position can be remote, or based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, California.
The Manager of Real Estate will be responsible for…
- Leading real estate transaction activities- identifying and screening acquisition targets and negotiating real property options, leases, and easements.
- Creating appropriate land and transaction documentation and maintaining organized databases of key information.
- Updating senior leadership with regular reporting on site acquisition progress.
- Managing Renewable Energy site control campaigns and supporting real estate acquisition activities.
- Collaborating with the development team to commission title reports, mineral reports, ESAs, and ALTA surveys.
- Preparing the real property component of development projects for financing and clear interfering title matters.
- Generating, managing, and reporting project specific budgets and schedules pertaining to real estate matters.
- Identifying process improvements and implementing enhanced business practices that increase efficiency, reliability and/or timeliness of the real estate function.
- Advising staff on any fatal flaws or issues that may prohibit site acquisition or development.
- 2 direct reports, with potential for management growth as the team grows.
The qualifications for this role include…
- 2 years of utility-scale renewable energy experience.
- Ability to structure work to meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Smartsheet or ArcGIS is a plus.
- Proven experience in negotiating real property transactions for utility scale solar and / or battery projects.
- Background in real estate fundamentals, including matters related to acquisition and title clearing.
- The Ability to develop and maintain relationships with landowners.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A valid driving license.
- Ability to travel within the United States as much as 30% of the time.
- medical, dental, vision, and health insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- professional development assistance
- self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of subject matter experts in a critical role that will shape the growth and future of the company. If you are a skilled professional who wants to lead in an entrepreneurial environment and truly optimize on your skills to make an impact on the clean energy transition, this role is for you!