We are seeking an experienced and motivated Manager for Victorian Operations to join our client. As a leading provider of occupational hygiene, health and safety, environmental management, and workplace training services, we are looking for a professional consultant to manage and develop their Victorian operations, and provide premium consulting services to high-profile government and commercial clients in Victoria.
- Lead and mentor the team to deliver projects to the standards outlined in our client's Mission and Quality Policy Statements.
- Allocate resources (staffing and equipment) to projects, balance the workload among the team, and ensure that all work is invoiced within budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, identify and follow up new business opportunities, and evaluate tender opportunities to close deals and acquire purchase orders from clients.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with individual team members, and monitor and assess agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Primary Consulting Duties:
- Conduct occupational hygiene assessments, design and implement occupational hygiene and health and safety programs, assess noise for hearing conservation and environmental compliance, hazardous substances and dangerous goods assessments, confined space programs, indoor air quality assessments, heat stress assessments, and lighting assessments.
- Provide advice on strategies for controlling hazards and minimizing worker exposure, based on the hierarchy of controls, and prepare detailed scientific/technical reports for the aforementioned activities.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in occupational hygiene, health and safety, or related discipline.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a team of professionals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Full Member or Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists, Inc. or Full Member of the New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society is highly desirable.
- Postgraduate qualifications in occupational hygiene and AIOH Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH)®, or an equivalent certification recognized by the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA) are considered advantageous.
If you are a driven and experienced professional who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.