LVI have partnered with a nationwide specialist firm in forensic engineering that has leading multi-disciplined teams offering technical consulting across civil, structural, geotechnical, and MEP failure/damage investigations. They service some of the largest insurance carriers on both a national and global scale to provide efficient and reliable project delivery on a wide variety of loss types, making them a go-to for their streamlined processes and quality of work. They have a unique model across the market, and have introduced a number of measures to provide quick turnaround on projects without sacrificing on quality.
They maintain a collaborative and communicative culture, and offer a number of incentives for their employees to make sure that they are valued for their hard work - a direct input will see a direct yield! They also heavily invest in their people because they value a good cultural fit even more so than a good technical fit, and will provide all the upskilling and support required to excel the progression of your career. Their promotions are very much meritocratic, giving you a real platform to progress through the business quickly and to play a fundamental role in the achievement of their ambitious plans for growth. Their model has seen them become one of the fastest growing engineering companies in the US, and with their eyes set on doubling in both revenue and headcount, the train has barely left the station.
They are seeking a lead engineer with a background in civil/structural engineering to spearhead the expansion of their presence in Michigan. You will oversee the operations, and management of a vast technical team, for the most part, and will get involved in the technical/field work in the slower seasons. This is a great opportunity to excel your career in a way that other firms cannot provide, while truly seeing the rewards for your labour and playing part of unique culture.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Performs inspection on a variety of structures
- Provide expert-level consultation to our clients to assist in answering technical questions.
- Produces written technical reports detailing and defending observations and conclusions.
- Perform construction administration services including project management, field construction observation, and project meeting attendance meetings.
- Coordinates other support activities and testing when needed and ensure client deliverable are addressed in a timely manner.
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering degree or relevant engineering degree.
- Licensure Required: P.E or S.E
- Minimum 10 years of experience in structural engineering, forensic engineering or repair/restoration engineering
- Must have high level of analytical, technical and written skills.
- Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels
- Must maintain a driver's license.
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health-care, 2 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($115,000- $140,000) dependent on structural engineering expertise.
- Fully remote and autonomy over your projects.