An exciting partner of LVI is looking to carve out a role around an experienced structural engineer in Georgia. They are a reputable, multidisciplinary engineering firm with a growing facilities service group in Georgia. They are renowned for the quality of work they deliver across an array of technically challenging, high-end projects for a wide portfolio of clients in the public, private and commercial sectors. Their project scope has a large focus on damaged or defective high rise commercial buildings, and they remain a rapidly growing, employee-owned pillar of the industry. They boast an award winning culture, offering continued education and autonomy to their employees, backed by well-tenured, expert leadership and engineers. They are looking from a technical lead to carry out forensic structural investigations, root cause analyses, large-loss investigations and structural evaluations for damage related to storm events, water intrusion, vehicle impacts, product failures, design defects, and construction defects. They are renowned for their company culture and the quality of work they deliver to an array of clients in the public, private and commercial sectors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE Licensed in the state of Georgia.
- Minimum 5 years experience performing structural engineering consulting on existing structures, forensic investigations, structural evaluations and existing structure testing
- Litigation support experience is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and construction cost estimates
- Perform Forensic Investigations on new and existing buildings.
- Develop scope of services and prepare proposals.
- Structural Retrofit on existing buildings.
- Travel to physical site locations to investigate and report on structural damages and failures.
- Support conclusions through appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings.
- Lead and manage both new and existing projects.
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects