A company in the engineering and design industry is currently seeking a Geographic Discipline Leader to join its Mechanical team. The Geographic Discipline Leader will lead and oversee the management of all staff, projects, and project-related activities related to mechanical engineering. This position also develops and mentors staff into well-rounded, highly technical, and creative individuals.
Our mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineers are experienced in a wide range of projects, including power generation & distribution, lighting systems, fire alarms, security and access control systems. We design new and renovated systems, as well as energy controls. We offer both new building commissioning and retro-commissioning. Our experts are skilled at reducing energy usage while creating comfortable interior environments. Our professional engineers evaluate how the design impacts both short-term capital costs and long-term operational costs. Our team can also conduct constructability reviews to lower project costs and shorten the time to completion.
- Performs duties in support of the direction and vision of the overall discipline.
- Oversees, directs and manages the work effort of assigned staff.
- Active involvement with marketing and business development.
- Responsible for proposal development and contract execution.
- Monitors work backlog and the sharing of work within the region and discipline.
- Serve as a resource for project managers and staff on assigned projects and manage completion of projects regarding scope, schedule, quality, and budget.
- Provide staff/managers with technical assistance and supervision in the preparation of proposals and contracts for assigned projects.
- Manage the financial aspects of assigned team(s) and monitor the performance of the business to meet or exceed revenue and/or profit goals.
- Assist with project manager's efforts to prepare for and/or attend client/agency meetings with, or for PMs to present information pertinent to the project.
- Assist with the quality control/quality assurance efforts on all assigned projects.
- Manage the performance of all assigned staff, conduct performance evaluations, provide input for all raise and bonus discussions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architecture from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in mechanical engineering within architecture is required (HVAC, plumbing, fire prevention design, etc.).
- Prefer 7+ years of experience with preparing proposals, developing and tracking budgets, and associated leadership of an engineering team.
- Licensed PE preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in all phases of mechanical discipline including technology, drafting, design and planning. Proficient in use and understanding of AutoCAD and Revit.
What We Offer :
At our company, our people are our most important resource. That's why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!