Experienced Mechanical Engineer
Our client is seeking an experienced HVAC Engineer to join our Energy & Industrial Group (EIG) team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and coordinating HVAC systems for various industrial projects, including power generation, plant design, environmental compliance, mid/downstream oil & gas, and renewable energy projects.
- Utilize model building codes and standards to perform detailed engineering services for HVAC systems.
- Conduct computer aided calculations and appropriate rule of thumb calculations for heating/cooling load and duct design.
- Create system designs based on design concepts, code requirements, and project/client requirements.
- Conduct on-site surveys and accurately illustrate existing conditions on survey documents for use during design.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure accurate drawings are delivered on schedule.
- Review design and construction submittal documents.
- Communicate effectively with management and outside clients as a representative.
- Develop complete calculations, equipment sizing, specifications, and project-specific details.
- Review final products to ensure the scope of work is properly depicted.
- Coordinate HVAC designs with other trades (Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection), as well as structure, architecture, civil, and any other building trades.
- Travel to clients' offices/construction sites to interface with clients/contractors.
- A BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program is required.
- 8+ years of relevant HVAC experience.
- Experience with physical HVAC design (i.e., ductwork design, routing and supporting, and equipment location/arrangement).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microstation; Ability to create design drawings, flow diagrams, P&IDs, and schematics using computer design software.
- Prior knowledge of relevant codes and standards.
- Experience with Fire Protection system design and related terms (valued but not required).
- Experience with Plumbing system design and related terms (valued but not required).
- Work experience in the industrial service industry (valued but not required).
- A PE license is preferred.
Note: We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.