We have a current opportunity for an Environmental Manager / Specialist for an Offshore Wind project on a permanent basis in Seoul, Korea. The position will be based in Tokyo. For further information about this position please apply.
- Preparation of necessary environmental documents, such as scoping report, environmental impact assessments (EIA) and environmental statement (or specific chapters) according to applicable law and guidelines
- Secure that any surveys, background reports and consultation for the EIA are conducted on time and in compliance with applicable law and guidelines
- Ensure that the EIA allows for a suitable design envelope considering EPC and O&M requirements
- Ensure project interfaces understand obligations under the EIA process; communicate scope and timing of information to be delivered to achieve the project programme
- Secure tender, procurement and management of consultancy services for EIA
- Secure procurement and management of programmes and associated consultants for environmental monitoring; eg birds, fish, benthos, mammals, archaeology, fishery, shipping, etc., and sign-off from the relevant authority
- Responsible for securing all contracts complying with internal HSE requirements
- Responsible for keeping updated on all environmental policy, guidance, and key stakeholder initiatives and representing the project's interest within those initiatives.
- Engage in & provide input for consent variation negotiations with authorities, e.g. piling noise restrictions, piling restrictions, protected species, design changes requiring new impact assessments
- Preparation or review of documentation needed for the compliance with consent conditions (monitoring, navigation & aviation lighting & marking, fisheries agreements etc)
- Communicate what information project interfaces must deliver and when to meet consent conditions
- Prepare input to the handover to O&M outlining all consents; specific conditions, obligations, records of authority
- Key stakeholders include; statutory and non-statutory stakeholders (nature conservation, shipping & navigation, fishermen, national defence, oil & gas, aviation, government agencies etc) Project Development Manager, EPC team & Fisheries Liaison Officer etc.
- Educated (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) in technical, environmental science or environmental engineering
- Recommended two - five years post graduate experience (minimum 5 - 10 years for Lead Environmental Manager)
- Recommended Chartered Environmentalist, IEMA Fellow or similar professional qualification
- Understanding of international standards for social and environmental studies
If you are interested, don't hesitate to apply!