Our client is one of the largest A&E firms in the Southeast, and we are currently recruiting for a Practice Lead for its Tampa location. The firm specializes in Healthcare, Education, Industrial, Hospitality, Commercial, and Municipal sectors. The successful candidate will have a passion for design and architecture, and will be responsible for providing strategic and critical thinking, team leadership, and serving as a liaison to the community.
- Foster new client relationships to enhance practice growth in Tampa region
- Consult with clients to evaluate their desires/needs and develop designs that meet their goals
- Oversee the design process to ensure quality in creative and technical design solutions
- Communicate information with clients and project team members/consultants to ensure project objectives are met
- Meet with contractors to convey building design intentions, resolve problems and answer questions
- Mentoring staff and coordination of the project team and work assignments
- Participating in the development of design solutions, advising staff on technical decisions, and advising during project bidding and construction including coordination with reviewing agencies
- Preparing and administering project schedules and budgets
- Overseeing staffing for Tampa office
- Managing office budget to achieve revenue, growth and profitability targets
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in architecture
- Architecture licensure in Florida required
- 15+ years project management as a registered architect
- Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven understanding of building design and tectonics
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated team player with natural ability to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and team members
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to foster new client relationships to enhance practice growth in the Tampa region.
- They must be able to evaluate client needs and develop designs that meet their goals, while overseeing the design process to ensure quality in creative and technical design solutions.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite, have excellent listening and communication skills, and be a self-motivated team player with a natural ability to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and team members.
- They must have prior supervisory experience, and be able to perform work-related travel and hold a valid driver's license.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and portfolio