We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Environmental Engineer to lead and manage our environmental engineering projects in California. As a Principal Environmental Engineer, you will play a key role in providing technical expertise, strategic guidance, and project leadership in various areas of environmental engineering, including environmental impact assessments, pollution prevention, and regulatory compliance. Your extensive knowledge of California's environmental regulations, project management abilities, and exceptional problem-solving skills will be essential in driving sustainable solutions and ensuring environmental stewardship.
- Lead and manage environmental engineering projects, including environmental impact assessments, remediation programs, pollution prevention initiatives, and regulatory compliance projects.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the evaluation and implementation of environmental engineering strategies and solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive environmental assessments, including site investigations, sampling, and monitoring activities, to identify potential environmental risks and impacts.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate environmental risks, minimize pollution, and promote sustainable practices.
- Stay updated on federal, state, and local environmental regulations and guidelines, particularly those specific to California, and ensure compliance in all engineering projects.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including environmental scientists, geologists, hydrologists, and regulatory agencies, to develop and implement comprehensive environmental management plans.
- Conduct environmental audits and assessments to identify areas of improvement and recommend strategies for achieving environmental sustainability goals.
- Prepare and review technical reports, permit applications, and other project deliverables to ensure accuracy, quality, and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of proposals and project bids, including scope development, cost estimation, and client interactions.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff, fostering their professional development and ensuring high-quality project execution.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental engineering, civil engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Extensive experience (15 years) working as an environmental engineer, with a focus on environmental impact assessments, pollution prevention, and regulatory compliance, preferably in California.
- Strong knowledge of California's environmental regulations, including those set by the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) and regional water quality control boards.
- Proven experience leading and managing environmental engineering projects from inception to completion, including budgeting, scheduling, and stakeholder management.
- Proficiency in environmental modeling software, data analysis tools, and relevant industry software applications.
- Solid understanding of environmental assessment methodologies, risk management principles, and pollution prevention strategies.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to develop innovative and sustainable solutions to complex environmental challenges.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Professional engineering (PE) license in environmental engineering or related discipline is highly desirable.
Join our team and take a leadership role in driving environmental excellence and sustainability in California. Apply today to contribute your expertise and make a positive impact on the environment and communities we serve!