As a Project Manager in the waste treatment plant design and construction field in Singapore, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of waste treatment plant projects, from initial design and planning to construction and commissioning. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring the successful delivery of projects within established timelines, budgets, and quality standards. You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including clients, engineers, contractors, and regulatory bodies, to achieve project objectives and contribute to the sustainable development of waste management infrastructure in Singapore.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including scope, schedule, budget, and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and oversee all project activities, ensuring adherence to timelines and milestones.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and proactively implement corrective measures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, addressing their requirements and concerns throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as design engineers, procurement, and construction personnel, to facilitate seamless project execution.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with stakeholders, ensuring their involvement and satisfaction.
Design and Engineering Coordination:
- Work closely with design teams to develop detailed engineering plans and specifications for waste treatment plant projects.
- Review and provide feedback on design documents, ensuring compliance with project objectives, technical requirements, and safety standards.
- Coordinate design changes, resolve conflicts, and facilitate design approvals with relevant authorities.
Construction and Commissioning Oversight:
- Monitor and manage construction activities, ensuring compliance with project specifications, safety protocols, and environmental regulations.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress, address construction issues, and ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Coordinate equipment installation, testing, and commissioning activities, collaborating with vendors and contractors.
Budget and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage project budgets, closely monitoring expenses, and implementing cost-control measures.
- Efficiently allocate resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials, to meet project requirements.
- Conduct procurement activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, and procurement of materials and services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree would be advantageous.
- With at least 10+ years of relevant engineering experience in similar size and complex projects.
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in the design and construction of waste treatment plants or similar infrastructure projects.
- Strong knowledge of waste treatment plant design principles, engineering practices, and regulatory frameworks in Singapore.
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards, such as NEA guidelines and environmental impact assessment requirements.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines.
- Proficient in project management software, computer-aided design (CAD) tools, and other relevant technical software.
- Knowledge of sustainable waste management practices and technologies is highly desirable.
- Professional certifications in project management (e.g., PMP) would be an advantage.
If you or someone you know is interested, please submit your updated CV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted