Currently seeking an experienced Project Manager in the Heavy Civil industry with strong highway, bridge & concrete experience.
The company has roughly $150M on the books and are seeking qualified candidates that are looking to make the next jump in their career!
Salary - $115,000 - $165,000
- Be responsible for ensuring the project meets or exceeds its financial objectives, by overseeing and monitoring each stage of the development
- Coordinates daily/weekly meeting with all the area superintendents and project engineer to develop means and methods, schedule contracting needs and long lead delivery times
- Manage all field operations and work sequence in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager
- Review project estimate or plan to determine estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections. Also, review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay of production Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, work closely with Senior Project Manager and HR team to manage relationship with staff and craft
- Form and lead an effective project management team, define and delegate management responsibilities and set goals
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise
- Be an effective leader, communicate with department leads regarding work scopes
- Ensure project superintendents understand and execute the work as required
- Responsible for project closeout. Secure loose ends by finishing paperwork, obtaining retainages, supporting supervisors and expediting claims
- Assist in the procurement, buy-out, and management of subcontractors, suppliers/vendors to ensure subcontract /vendor agreements capture required quality related scope of work.
- Four-year Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and relevant experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of documented experience in a construction management in Heavy Civil Construction
- Experience in Marine Construction preferred
- Proficient with technical drawings systems and planning & reporting systems
- Comprehensive understanding of construction industry practices and standards as well as experience with supervision, estimating, scheduling, budget preparation and project status reporting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferred experience with HCSS HeavyJob, P6, SmartBuild.
If there is any interest in learning more, please don't hesitate to reach out!