Design, Retrofit and Restoration Engineer
Position for a Design/Retrofit/Restoration Engineer to join our team in Reston, Virginia. Our client is a well-established structural engineering firm with extensive experience in structural design, retrofitting and restoration of buildings. As a Design, Retrofit and Restoration Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, evaluating, and retrofitting structures to ensure they are safe, sound, and meet the required codes and standards.
- Design and evaluate structural systems for new construction, additions, and renovations
- Retrofit existing structures to meet the latest codes and standards
- Conduct condition assessments of existing structures and develop reports outlining recommendations for repair and restoration
- Work with clients, architects, and contractors to develop structural designs that meet their needs and budget while ensuring safety
- Ensure all designs are completed in accordance with standards and codes
- Analyze and evaluate the structural integrity of existing structures
- Utilize computer-aided design software to create structural designs and drawings
- Strong knowledge of structural engineering principles and practices
- Experience in designing and evaluating structural systems for new construction, additions, and renovations
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the structural integrity of existing structures
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in AutoCAD and other computer-aided design software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with clients, architects, and contractors
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our diverse and extensive experience includes studies for master planning, designs for new buildings, alterations and additions to existing buildings, renovations, rehabilitations, and the adaptive reuse of structures. We have worked with many types of structures including commercial/civic buildings, hospitals, laboratories, theaters and performing arts centers, museums, educational facilities, and associated structures offering innovative, cost-effective solutions to challenging structural problems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in forensic engineering, with a focus on structural failures and accidents
- Experience providing expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel as needed for site inspections and assessments
We offer competitive salaries, professional work environments and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $125,000 dependent on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, where we pay a portion of the premiums.
- Supplement Insurance Options- Life, AD&D, Legal Plan, Pet Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Plans.
- Fully Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability benefits.
- We offer Paid Holidays, Paid sick time and Vacation days.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Employee Recognition Program.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Professional Licensing Assistance.
- Jury Duty Leave.
- Maternity Leave
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement/ discounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Workers Compensation.
Equal Opportunity Employer