Commission Based Role - OTE of $200k+
This role will be responsible for the sale of Service and Project offerings to building owners, facility staff, mechanical contractors and general contractors. Provide technical solutions and operational expertise. Build and manage long term customer relationships / partnerships with target customers. Position renewable service agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Project and Service offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to customers while reaching optimal profit levels.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Provides quotes for projects, service repairs, change outs, upgrades, and energy solutions, including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the client's offerings. Maintains face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Performs take-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the full spectrum of the client's offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drives specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards the client's offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives a preference for Johnson Controls or Honeywell products and offerings.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer.
- Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments.
- Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops relationships with overall sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of solution sales experience related to commercial HVAC and Building Automation Systems.
- Knowledge of one of the following: Johnson Controls, Schneider, Honeywell, Distech, Relicable, Delta, KMC, Alerton, etc. products and systems.
- Must have strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience of pricing solutions for customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence the market at key levels.