Trade: Audio Visual
Level: 10 - 12
Reports To: Principal
We are looking for an experienced Audio-Visual (AV) engineer to lead projects and mentor emerging AV engineers. The role also includes the design of various AV systems in multiple vertical markets using the latest AutoCAD and BIM platforms. The responsibilities include gathering requirements, creating the design, and ensuring the design is implemented as intended.
This role will be a first-level Manager where you direct, control, and monitor all project activities. You are considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline, an emerging subject matter expert. Your title within the company will be Senior Associate.
Who We Are?
We are an industry-leading consulting, design, and project management firm providing a comprehensive portfolio of technology services to businesses and organizations across both the public and private sectors.A national leader in providing solution-oriented engineering design and implementation, we specialize in various services ranging from foundational areas such as IT, Security, Audio Visual, and Acoustical systems to the most advanced intelligent building technologies.
The Employee Experience
People are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all our employees flourish, individually as a team; with employee experience at our focal point, we are dedicated to ensuring employees' development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment. We were voted #7 2023 Best Medium Company to Work For in New York, and were also named a Best Place to Work in NYC 2022 by Crain's.
Why ? people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. Employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the industry; and ensuring employees' development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
As a senior AV Engineer, you will be involved with leading and running projects. In your role, you will:
- Develop audiovisual design requirements by meeting with, and discussing clients' needs, and working with the internal design team
- Design and coordinate with architectural and engineering disciplines for Audio-Visual systems including but not limited to, boardrooms, collaboration rooms, huddle spaces, town hall venues, conference, and multipurpose rooms
- Development of 2D and 3D drawings for architectural layouts of AV equipment, and system schematic diagrams
- Organize and lead coordination meetings and take detailed meeting minutes
- Mentor junior team members
- Contribute to the RFP process
Education: Bachelor's in Engineering or related discipline. CTS certification is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with AV design, planning, and project management skills
- Advanced AutoCAD and Revit knowledge required
- Working knowledge of crucial audio, video, and audiovisual products from major manufacturers including Crestron, Extron, BiAmp, Shure, Polycom, Cisco, QSC, and others
- Working knowledge of Crestron, and other control system designs regarding control logic development and touch panel design and layouts
- Working knowledge of computer networks as they pertain to both IP audio and video signal transport and IP-based video/audio conferencing
- Expertise with sound system acoustics regarding microphone and speaker requirements and placement
- AVIXA CTS / CTS-D certificate a plus
- Manufacturer-sponsored certifications ideal
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project
- Familiarity with, and ability to use rendering software/Photoshop to create presentations would be a significant advantage