We have a current opportunity for a Senior Audio Visual Field Engineer - New York City on a permanent basis. The position will be based in New York. For further information about this position please apply.
Position Accountability and Expectations
* Develop DSP program files based off scope of work, and system functional drawings that include audio processing such as compressors, limiters, gates, eq's, auto gain mixers, and AEC using industry software such as BiAmp, Q-SYS, BSS, Clearone, Etc.
* Modify Graphical User Interfaces to update text, images, button alignment, Etc.
* In consultation with the Software Developer update code to allow for communication of devices by changing port selection, baud rate/speed, IP address, IP tables Etc. These modifications would be made using industry software such as Crestron, BiAmp, Extron, AMX, Etc.
* Complete PC or mobile device documentation of software functionality in the form of customer user guides, internal functional explanations as relates to problem-solving, and communication with clients for unique operational walk-throughs.
* Device firmware and software updates as needed for Audio, Video, Networked Video, Conferencing, and Network Audio Visual equipment.
* Documentation and collection of device identifying information such as Serial Numbers, MAC Addresses, IP Addresses, Vlans, Port Allocations via spreadsheets or software.
* Configuration of Small Business and Enterprise networking equipment using web interfaces and/or terminal applications such as Putty.
* Create local area networks for the sole purposes of communication among devices being installed at a client location that is completely separate from their existing network infrastructure.
* Create WLANs for wireless communication of devices.
* Load, configure, test, and troubleshoot all system devices for intercommunication
* Software simulation, testing, and documentation both in-house and on-site for quality assurance and customer approval purposes.
* After testing, provide a programming punch list for modifications and bugs to be fixed by the Software Developer.
* Configure and tune all devices installed to their optimal settings.
* Configure audio levels, processing, and Acoustic Echo Canceling for Digital Signal Processors such as BiAmp, Q-SYS, Clearone, Etc.
* With expert detail, complete via PC or mobile device all checklists, forms and documentation related to the entire test and tune process for system quality standards, system compliance, and system acceptance.
* Thoroughly test and force-fail all systems for quality control purposes both in-house and on-site.
* Consistent and timely collaboration and communication with Software Developers, Lead Installers, Managed Services, Project Managers, and System Engineers as to conditions with operational questions, systems concerns, troubleshooting, technical requirements, and potential short or long-term issues
* Collect backups of system software, configurations, usernames, passwords, logs in a centralized repository such as GIT
* Support customer training sessions of installed systems
* Evaluate existing systems and "reverse-engineer" the system to provide the Software Developer with accurate information to write a new code from scratch for functionality.
* Document, draw, and update system flow diagrams as needed to maintain accuracy of how systems are built
What you will bring:
* CTS Certification and a minimum of 5 years of experience reading, understanding, and explaining audiovisual engineering system drawings. A thorough understanding of network standards/practices and line of business database and data management.
* Proficient with computers, including audiovisual applications of Poly, Crestron, BiAmp, AMX, and/or Q-SYS software.
* CCNA certification, in process of obtaining a CCNA certification or willing to secure within 1 year of employment
* Experience with configuring Microsoft Teams and Zoom Rooms
* Experience with Microsoft OneNote, Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
* Crestron Level 2 programming or higher.
* Q-Sys Audio 201 and Q-Sys Control 201
* Understanding of how audiovisual systems function, and how to diagnose and resolve problems within those systems.
* Strong client and service-focused mindset; clear and concise written and verbal communication.
* Exceptional organizational skills & extreme attention to detail and documentation.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including technical IT professionals. Expected to solve technical issues effectively and timely with the appropriate teams and clients.
* Experience and a professional knack for balancing heavy workloads at varying times throughout the year.
* Must have a valid driver's license, excellent driving record, and an ability to work nights and weekends as necessary, which will require US travel.
* Self-motivated employee who enjoys working with teams as much as on their own.