As the Senior Environmental Biologist at this local environmental consulting firm, you will play a crucial role in assessing, managing, and mitigating the environmental impact of mining activities in addition to other industry areas. Your expertise in biology and environmental science will contribute to our commitment to responsible and sustainable mining practices.
Environmental Impact Assessments: Conduct thorough environmental impact assessments related to mining projects, with a focus on flora and fauna within the Sacramento region.
Biodiversity Conservation: Develop and implement strategies to conserve and protect local biodiversity affected by mining operations. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate conservation measures into project planning.
Regulatory Compliance: Stay abreast of local, state, and federal environmental regulations related to the mining industry. Ensure that all projects adhere to applicable laws and standards.
Monitoring and Reporting: Implement monitoring programs to track changes in local ecosystems. Prepare comprehensive reports documenting the environmental status and recommending improvements.
Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with regulatory agencies, community stakeholders, and industry partners to build collaborative relationships and promote environmentally responsible mining practices.
Team Leadership: Provide leadership and guidance to a team of environmental professionals. Foster a culture of environmental responsibility and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Biology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in environmental biology, with a focus on the mining industry being a plus.
- Proven expertise in conducting environmental impact assessments and developing mitigation strategies.
- Strong understanding of local and federal environmental regulations applicable to the mining sector.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of environmental professionals.
- Experience with SMARA preferred but not required
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume