An Employee-Owned, multi-disciplinary engineering firm looking to add a highly motivated, detail-oriented Senior Bridge Engineer to their Utah structures team.
In the execution of technical engineering responsibilities within a project, the selected Bridge Engineer will be tasked with conducting structural calculations per the latest AASHTO code utilizing LRFD design principles. This includes overseeing the production of construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Leadership and guidance for junior team members, including EITs, interns, designers, and drafters
- Geometric layout planning for both single- and multi-span bridges
- Structural analysis and design for single- and multi-span bridges
- Design of retaining walls
- Seismic analysis for new and existing bridge structures
- Preparation of various structural reports and studies (e.g., type selection reports, seismic analysis reports, etc.) and situation and layout sheets
- Collaboration with geotechnical, roadway, and hydraulic design engineers
- Development of specifications and cost estimates
- Review of shop drawings and submittals during construction
- Client interaction for project direction and coordination to ensure timely deliverables.
- P.E. Licensure is mandatory; S.E. licensure is considered advantageous
- 10-20 years of experience in structural or bridge engineering
- Proficiency in interpreting geotechnical reports
- Thorough understanding of the AASHTO LRFD Design Manual
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation proficiency is a desirable skill
- Experience in creating and reviewing construction documents
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
NOTE - Salary is dependent on a candidate's qualifications.