My client is seeking an exceptional mid-level building envelope consultant to take a senior role in the firm.
In this firm, you will spend almost as much time in the field as you will in the office. Applying your theoretical knowledge to every day practical applications for a variety of construction types - both new and modern and historic.
By learning from the best in the industry, you can expect rapid progression and development of your own management skills which will ultimately assist in you becoming a very well rounded expert - ready to make a meaningful impact.
We are looking for a mind that loves problem solving, has a natural curiosity, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty!
- Assume responsibility for key aspects of projects and complete assignments with limited oversight, under the guidance of licensed professionals
- Perform hands-on forensic investigations, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Analyze field data and perform research and review of modern and historic construction documents, governing codes, and design guidelines to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design
- Assist with drafting and preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final client deliverables, including various construction documents, specifications, and written reports
- Interface with project teams, clients, contractors, and other engineering disciplines
- Bachelors, civil engineering / architecture, architectural engineering, building science or a related field.
- PE / SE / EIT licensure.
- Demonstrated interest in the design, construction, and repair of building enclosures; principles of heat, air, and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies; evaluation of building performance; and/or preservation and rehabilitation of historic structures
- Ability to attend meetings at the various office, field, and construction sites
- Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform work in the temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials, and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipment
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations
- Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
This is an Equal opportunity employer, inviting all quailified applicants to apply.