We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Professional Wetland Scientist to join our team in Princeton, New Jersey. As a Professional Wetland Scientist, you will play a key role in conducting wetland assessments, delineations, and permitting processes for a variety of projects. Your expertise in wetland ecology, regulations, and conservation will be crucial in ensuring compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
Wetland Assessment and Delineation:
- Conduct wetland assessments and delineations following established protocols and methodologies.
- Identify wetland boundaries, vegetation communities, hydrologic indicators, and soil characteristics.
- Prepare accurate and detailed wetland delineation reports, including maps, data analysis, and findings.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to integrate wetland assessments into larger environmental impact assessments.
Wetland Permitting and Compliance:
- Provide guidance and support in wetland permitting processes, including Clean Water Act Section 404 permits, state wetland permits, and local regulations.
- Prepare permit applications, including wetland impact assessments, mitigation plans, and monitoring strategies.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and clients to address wetland-related concerns and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor wetland mitigation sites to assess their success and effectiveness.
Wetland Conservation and Restoration:
- Develop and implement wetland conservation and restoration plans to enhance and preserve wetland ecosystems.
- Conduct wetland functional assessments to evaluate ecosystem services and prioritize conservation efforts.
- Recommend and implement appropriate wetland restoration and enhancement strategies, such as re-vegetation, hydrologic restoration, and invasive species management.
Project Management and Collaboration:
- Manage wetland-related projects, including coordinating field surveys, data collection, and report writing.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including ecologists, hydrologists, engineers, and planners, to integrate wetland science into project designs.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams regarding wetland regulations, best practices, and mitigation strategies.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, including scoping, budgeting, and client presentations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Wetland Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in wetland assessments, delineations, and permitting processes.
- Strong knowledge of wetland ecology, hydrology, and plant identification.
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local wetland regulations and permitting processes.
- Experience in conducting wetland functional assessments and restoration projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Proficiency in using GIS software and other relevant tools for wetland assessments and mapping.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage budgets.
- Professional certifications such as Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) are a plus.
We offer a competitive salary package and a supportive work environment that promotes professional growth and development.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Professional Wetland Scientist with a strong commitment to wetland conservation and compliance, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity in Princeton, New Jersey.