Estimating Support for Projects
- Performs quantity take-offs.
- Assists in the pricing and bidding of construction projects.
- Develops and documents logical assumptions during conceptual estimating activities and applies these assumptions to takeoff tasks.
- Communicates with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications.
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents for the development and pricing of value alternative opportunities.
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process.
- Assists with final assembly of estimate for presentation to owner.
- After the bid, collects and organizes all bid information for future reference.
- Aids field operations with change order pricing if needed.
Subcontractor Analysis for Bids
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
- Participates in hard bid/estimating and GMP budgeting activities by soliciting subcontractor support and evaluating bids.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships
- Builds relationships with subcontractors to obtain a competitive advantage.
- Attends industry events and represents the firm to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal McCarthy clients.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Demonstrates basic conceptual estimating skills by interpolating data.
- Questions designs and assumptions and presents ideas to manager on the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
- General knowledge of construction principles and processes.
- Ability to synthesize cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and core values.
- Maintains a "value added" approach to estimating.