An ambitious, US wide engineering firm is seeking a motivated and experienced professional to join the growing geotechnical team. You will work in a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals, and other Engineers. Do you have a solid understanding of civil engineering principles, with a geotechnical focus, and a desire to work on multi-disciplinary projects?
- Participate or lead field assignments including observation of geotechnical explorations.
* Review and assist with assigning field and laboratory soil testing
* Performing geotechnical analyses including bearing capacity evaluations, stability evaluations, support of excavation design, and seepage analyses.
* Developing design of foundations, support of excavations, retaining walls, embankments, dams, and other geotechnical systems.
* Preparing engineering calculation packages.
* Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
* Participate in construction observation and special inspections.
* Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
* Some weekend and overtime work may be required; limited overnight and interstate travel may be required with this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering being preferred
- 5+ year's experience.
* PE certification or ability to obtain within 6 months is a plus.
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, REVIT, or other CAD platforms is a plus.
* Experience or academic training with geotechnical software such as, SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, SETTLE3D, L-Pile, is preferred. Experience with DEEPEx or PLAXIS is a plus.
* Experience with soils laboratory and/or preparation of geotechnical engineering reports is a plus.
* Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites and a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record.
* Drug testing may be required