We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our dynamic team in Houston, Texas. As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in overseeing geotechnical engineering projects, providing technical expertise, and contributing to the growth and success of our organization. You will work on a wide range of projects, including but not limited to, infrastructure development, land development, and environmental assessments.
Project Management: Lead and manage geotechnical engineering projects from inception to completion, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and quality assurance.
Site Investigations: Conduct and oversee geotechnical site investigations, including soil and rock sampling, laboratory testing, and geological assessments.
Geotechnical Analysis: Perform geotechnical analysis and design for various projects, such as foundation design, slope stability analysis, retaining wall design, and pavement design.
Report Preparation: Prepare comprehensive geotechnical engineering reports that include findings, recommendations, and design specifications for clients, regulatory agencies, and internal teams.
Client Interaction: Maintain strong relationships with clients, providing technical expertise, addressing their concerns, and ensuring project goals are met.
Team Collaboration: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including civil engineers, environmental consultants, and construction professionals, to deliver integrated solutions.
Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and standards related to geotechnical engineering and construction.
Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and geotechnical staff, fostering their professional development.
Risk Assessment: Identify and mitigate potential risks and challenges associated with geotechnical aspects of projects.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, with a focus on geotechnical engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas (or the ability to obtain one).
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience, with a proven track record of successful project management.
- Proficiency in geotechnical engineering software and analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective client interaction and report writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of local geological conditions in the Houston area is a plus.
- Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging projects.