One of our industry-leading, national clients is seeking to add a water/wastewater Senior Project Manager to their team in EITHER San Diego or Orange County.
The Southern California Area is a thriving/growing area demanding differentiating client service, sustainable and innovative solutions, and effective collaboration with our technical service providers and client contacts. This is a highly strategic position for someone who takes pride in exceptional client service, and positive results for our environment and clients.
- Manage and execute work on wastewater and water utilities projects.
- Perform technical research, and be able to communicate and apply this knowledge
- Lead project team in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to wastewater conveyance and treatment
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines
- Supervise, delegate and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers
- Assist with and lead business development pursuits
- Coach and mentor junior engineers and designers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field required; M.S. preferred
- 7-15 years of experience in municipal engineering and consulting preferred
- Experience should also include: site and facility layouts, wastewater conveyance/treatment and water supply transmission design
- Project management skills required
- Professional Engineer (PE) License required
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience a plus
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents required