My client is a home for CHANGE MAKERS. They think energy - how it is produced, stored and can be best used to enable the global renewable energy transition that is essential to the future of our planet. With locations in 30 countries, we have over 4,000 people already working across the world, collaborating with local businesses to proactively shape the future of the energy sector.
The Wind Project Manager will act as the technical lead for all engineering activities related to wind projects in Japan, direct line reporting to Head of Engineering APAC on a day-to-day basis, and dotted line report to MD in Japan. This position will be based in our office in Tokyo, Japan.
Responsibilities and Job Scope
- Act as the technical lead for all engineering activities related to wind projects (Onshore) in Japan.
- Support project development as well as project management activities, both in development and execution / construction / operation phases, for renewable energy projects (primarily wind, may include solar PV as well).
- Coordinate engineering activities with other engineers in Japan and APAC region. Act as a mentor and guide for junior members on complex tasks.
- Communicate with regulatory authorities (METI, local bureau, OCCTO…) as well as regional utilities and grid operators, on permitting and grid connection.
- Lead technical elements of due diligence for project acquisition or divestment / sale.
- Coordinate all technical activities with EPC contractors, in preliminary as well as execution phases (commissioning).
- Coordinate detailed design of wind systems: Basic and Detailed engineering, transportation/delivery study for WTG and main components, wind resource analysis, WTG installation
- Able to travel in-country and outside Japan for projects and APAC Engineering activities.
- Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering graduate with at least a bachelor's degree from a reputable university. Master's degree would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the construction or design of Wind or Solar Power Plants in Japan
- Understanding of construction process of Wind Power Plant is preferred.
- Project management skills would be a plus.
- English communication skill is mandatory, in both oral and written.
- A flexible working environment so that you can maintain a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive team with a strong culture focusing on employee health and well being.
- The possibility to make a positive contribution to our planet and use your knowledge to set new standards in Renewable Energy