Perform project work as the Structural Engineering lead. This would include specifying engineering approach, coordinating junior engineering staff, designers, and CAD technicians.
Candidate needs to be a leader, capable of coordinating engineering and design efforts, working within a team, and comfortable being in front of peers and clients leading/conducting meetings. At times job duties will require coordinating with project managers, manager of engineering, and client to develop proposal documents and estimates to facilitate bidding on work. Need to be familiar with working in a 3D environment. Must be experienced in using standard engineering software and performing calculations to both assist in design work and to issue to clients.
- BS in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university
- 8+ years of progressive experience
- PE required
- Coordinate Engineering effort of Structural design team
- Track discipline ETCs and schedule
- Perform checking activities when needed
- Work with engineering management to develop proposal responses and estimates to client RFQs
- Develop upper tier engineering documents and provide engineering and design direction to the rest of the project team.