We have a current opportunity for a REMOTE Senior Substation Engineer on a permanent basis. Seeking a driven, experienced Substation Engineer with a strong background in either Physical or P&C Substation Design Engineering. As a Substation Design Engineer, they must acquire the ability to understand Substation layout / detailed drawings and be able to complete a high volume of work daily from a remote location with occasional travel.
The Senior Substation Engineer will be expected to:
- Act as a design engineer for in-house projects for the Substation Team.
- Act as Owners Engineer for design work performed by 3rd Party EORs.
- Plan, coordinate, assign, and schedule station design work tasks including project scope development, cost estimating, proposal development, and assembling design packages for construction.
- Participate in efforts to develop and implement standards for equipment, material, design, and construction requirements for transmission substations.
- Assist the company design processes, procedures, and the use of computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software applications to ensure consistency, quality, and efficiency in the station design process.
- Aid in cost variance analysis post-project completion to improve estimates.
- Work closely with other engineering groups and the owner to coordinate all aspects of the substation, solar, and battery storage projects.
- Participate in industry forums, conferences, and other company initiatives.
The Senior Substation Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of substation design
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- EIT and / or PE is preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of substation components and related communications and protection functions.
- Have prior experience using ETAP, EasyPower, SKM, winIGS, CDEGS, or other equivalent software.
- Ability to design and produce design packages for field installation.
- Ability to analyze performance, process improvements, and standardization activities.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Flexible and adaptable commercial agility; ability to reorder critical design projects based on new commercial requirements, under tight deadlines and sometimes changing requirements.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401k
- Paid time off and holidays
- Training & development programs
- Variable incentive plans