Job Title: Senior Technical Accountant
Supervisor: Vice President, Controller
Location: Boston, MA Office
Embark on a rewarding journey with a prominent player in the growing utility-scale solar sector. In a short span of four years, this organization has emerged as a leading EPC and repowering entity, establishing a widespread network of clean energy generation facilities across the nation. With a notable portfolio spanning projects in over 24 states, the company has gained recognition for unwavering commitment to operational excellence, earning a place among the Top Solar Contractors in 2022 as acknowledged by Solar Power World. Joining this dynamic and purpose-driven team means becoming a part of a company that is actively shaping the future of energy
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Technical Accountant to join our Accounting team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in handling intricate and complex accounting responsibilities and projects. If you are a detail-oriented professional with expertise in technical accounting and a proven track record of managing diverse financial tasks, we invite you to apply.
- Oversee compliance with US federal, state, and local statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to company controls, lead controls testing, and propose additional control frameworks as necessary.
- Assist in various aspects of technical accounting, including monthly close responsibilities and reconciliations.
- Manage accounting for M&A activities, intangible assets, earnout and profit share arrangements, leasing arrangements, and equity.
- Interpret new accounting pronouncements and assess their applicability to the Company, documenting conclusions in technical memos.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for significant transactions.
- Collaborate on tax-related workstreams with outsourced partners.
- Review systems and processes used for external financial reporting, ensuring accurate accounting, recording, and reporting of all related transactions.
- Lead technical accounting process automation initiatives.
- Support the preparation and analysis of budgets/forecasts and contribute to the preparation of consolidated budget/forecast presentations.
- Provide assistance on other finance projects as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- CPA required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local tax regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with a focus on Excel for data analysis, and Smartsheet.
- Relevant working experience in construction is beneficial.
If you are a motivated professional with a passion for technical accounting and a commitment to excellence, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and rewarding position. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the success of our organization.