We have an immediate opening for a Senior Transportation Project Manager based out of Seattle for a National, Employee-Owned client. This position will oversee transportation engineering and planning projects from cradle-to-grave, ensuring delivery of high-quality work products and execution of production operations. The position provides consultation to clients and applies expertise to guide project teams in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications.
This candidate will serve as a mentor and fosters a culture that encourages employee growth and engagement.
- Identifies and engages potential clients and/or projects and leverages relationships to win new work and expand our Northwest market.
- Consults with clients to gather specifications, contribute expertise, make recommendations, and deliver design proposals.
- Oversees the production and design of transportation engineering and planning projects.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including local, state and federal agencies.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of WSDOT/ODOT submittal process and can lead delivery of submittals.
- Advises on standards requirements, regulatory topics, construction techniques and cost analyses.
- Actively contributes ideas, expertise and recommendations based upon industry knowledge.
- Performs as a Client Manager, and participates in client, agency, and consultant meetings.
- Oversees production processes overseeing deliverables, reviewing work, and coordinating staff.
- Provides support to the Project Director ensuring regular communication regarding project, subconsultant and staff performance, providing reports and data and coordinating technical items to successfully execute projects.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of responses to proposal solicitations.
- Oversees the preparation and reviews of fee and scope documents for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer Registration (State of Washington).
- 12 or more years of experience in transportation engineering
- 4 or more years of experience managing projects.
- Leadership or supervisory experience