The Senior Engineer will lead and support staff performing work for public works agencies in the Indianapolis Metro and surrounding areas, including planning and engineering design in water and wastewater infrastructure with a focus on water and wastewater treatment facilities. The candidate must demonstrate experience in the process and/or mechanical design of treatment works with the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in the successful evaluation, planning, design, and execution of treatment infrastructure. In addition, the candidate must have a desire to be hands-on involved in the mentoring and development of the team with a focus on junior and mid-level staff.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to effectively carry out designs, work with diverse specialties and also be able to supervise a team of mid- and entry-level engineers and designers. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
Executes complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including collection and transmission pipelines; pump stations; and water and wastewater treatment systems.
- As an Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer, the candidate will apply standard engineering practices and techniques which may include the following:
- Developing Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost
- Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans
- Participating in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions
- Performing data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations
- Organizing and performing engineering assessments, investigations and planning work
- Assisting with the preparation of hydraulic calculations with an emphasis on both pressure and gravity flow pipeline networks
- Performing quality control, maintaining quality standards in work produced, checking computations or reviews design drawings
- Preparing material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations
- Preparing outlines, reports and/or assigned sections of reports
- Preparing outlines, presentations and/or assigned sections of presentations
- Performing field observations of construction procedures where appropriate
- Supporting the design and development of plans and drawings, including development of preliminary layouts and/or final drawings
- Contributing to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writing miscellaneous reports
- Coordinating with other disciplines as required
- Performing such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
- Upholding engineering ethics and professional standards of conduct
- Work closely with other units of the company to develop marketing and business development strategies to target client and business opportunities in the Indianapolis, IN area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- Typical incumbent has 6 to 12 years of experience. Specific experience with the design of treatment works with a high level of understanding of process engineering.
- P.E. license in IN is required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.