We have an opportunity for a Site/Civil Project Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Indiana. For further information about this position please apply.
- Indiana - Land Development PE/PM - you can be a Project Manager or technically focused as there is scope to place you where you would like to be!
- Must have the technical desire still but can have the ability to lead projects.
- Opportunity to develop into a Subject Matter Expert, Senior Project Manager or Client Service Leader.
- Manage institutional client relationships
- Manage projects of varying sizes
- Manage, mentor, and provide technical and professional development of staff
- Monitor project financial performance
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Supervise design team activities through all phases of project development
- Execute scope associated with site/civil engineering plans and permitting documents for projects in campus settings, where necessary
- Coordinate work with other client services that may be underway including site investigation, transportation planning/engineering, environmental review to support a variance or re-zoning among other services often provided to institutional client
- Participate in professional organisations that promote relationships with institutional owners and teaming partners
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Understanding of policy directives and their impact on the institutional marketplace
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills (CAD & MS Office)
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
Growth & Development:
- Receive a sponsor / mentor directly to aid in the development of engineers.
- In the process of bringing in a Learning & Development Manager to help with situational leadership and leadership development - should have a full program in place this time next year to help get high performers into leadership roles.
- Leaders are available in office and on site to help support, be there to ask questions etc.
- Offer multiple paths - not pigeon-holed into being a PM if that isn't the desire. Engineers can grow into a Subject Matter Expert type role or client facing also.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 12+ years of professional campus site/civil engineering experience, including project management
- PE license is required