One of the leading and FASTEST growing EV Charging Infrastructure company with a Global Presence is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to oversee their Embedded Software Engineering Team.
Software Engineering Manager Job Summary:
They are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager with a strong focus on embedded technologies, specifically with expertise in C/C++ programming and Embedded Linux. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of embedded software solutions.
Software Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, build and continue to develop a team of highly qualified software engineers
- Due to the fact that this is more so of a start-up environment there may be times that you will need to design, develop, and implement embedded software solutions using C/C++ programming and Embedded Linux.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including hardware engineers, product managers, and quality assurance engineers to ensure successful product delivery.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Software Architecture
- Establish software engineering processes and procedures to ensure high-quality software development.
- Develop project plans, manage resources, and ensure on-time delivery of software projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor-ship to software engineers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the embedded systems industry.
Software Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on embedded technologies.
- Experience with C/C++ programming for embedded systems.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and RTOS, including kernel and device driver development is a PLUS
- EV Charging Infrastructure is also a MASSIVE PLUS
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams of software engineers.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including software design patterns, code reviews, and testing methodologies.
- Understanding of things like Schematic Capture and PCB layout tools to the likes of OrCAD, Altium and Allegro is also an ADDED PLUS
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
Software Engineering Manager Company Benefits:
- Stock Options/Equity
- Company sponsored health benefits which includes:
- Short-term disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 8 paid holidays