LVI has partnered with a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm that has huge presence on the East Coast and are currently looking for a Structural Engineer specializing in forensic structural investigations. They are a dedicated team of architects, engineers, and construction consultants with a range of specialized skills ready to solve complex construction and disaster related problems. This firm is well equipped with an abundance of residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
A prospective candidate will have experience in Design, Forensic Investigation, and Construction Defects. This opportunity would allow you to be familiarized with commercial and residential construction codes and standards, field-testing protocols, and structural evaluation. Familiarity with reinforced concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems are highly desired.
- Perform Forensic Investigations on new and existing buildings
- Develop scope of services and prepare proposals
- Analyze, research, and investigate data
- Structural Retrofit on existing buildings
- Travel to physical site locations to investigate and report on structural damages and failures
- Ability to support conclusions through appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Lead and manage both new and existing projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum 5 years of Forensic Structural Engineering Experience
- Knowledge with design / build techniques, construction costs, processes, scheduling, standard industry contract forms, and construction cost reporting is essential
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication including strong people management skills and customer service focused.
If this role is not specifically in line with your experience, reach out to Hugh Evans on LinkedIn to explore other opportunities!