A global specialty chemical MNC is looking for a Technical Application Manager in Singapore to join the business. This is an exciting opportunity for those that are seeking to join an established multinational organization to develop their career.
- Support the Innovation Center set-up for the F&N market segment
- Implement management system and standard operation procedures
- Optimize resources and monitor performance based on commercial impact
- Deliver Innovation Key Performance Indicators for the segment
- Oversee Lab operations, manage licenses, documentation, budget and KPIs. Build and develop a knowledge center for APAC F&N labs
- Lead the Communities Of Practices (COP) and bridge the technical capabilities within APAC
- Foster collaboration, open communication and sharing of best practices across F&N labs within APAC
- Liaise with counterparts in EMEA and Americas to share formulation concepts and best practices
- Work with Analytics and MarCom team to provide content for digital platforms and foster information exchange
- Work with local/regional Marketing and Business Development teams on strategic projects
- Develop technical training programs and content for Customer Portal & e-Lab
- Support and participate in key exhibitions, conferences and seminars from time to time. Lead Savory & Protein Lab and support local F&N sales team
- Develop formulations & prototypes, introduce new concepts to customers, solve technical challenges and support commercialization of principal's product portfolio
- Collaborate with Principal's technical organization on key projects and new technology introduction
- Take Lab trials on behalf of customers with Lateral Value Chain materials
- Support existing/new customers on resolving their challenges, optimization of recipes, create to cost etc
Qualification & Skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Food Technology is required
- Higher education qualifications such as Masters/PhD Degree are preferred.
- 10 years of progressive experience as Application Specialist in savory & meat products for packaged food industry, and rich experience in lab operations
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes & technologies i.e. UHT line, Shelf life studies, and usage of lab equipment/apparatus
- Basic knowledge of food legislation, rules and regulations related to the work activity/area of competence.
- Excellent communication, Good listener, curious and with a critical mindset Able to quickly establish relationships and liaise with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Highly organized and flexible at the same time, hands-on, able to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Team Player but capable of working independently. Sense of ownership and drive.
- IT literate (MS Office, familiar with ERP - CRM), familiar with data analytics
do reach out with your CV if you or someone you know is interested.