We are looking for Transmission Planning Engineers based out of Denver, Colorado.
Transmission Planning Engineers plays a crucial role in the design, analysis, and optimization of our electrical transmission systems. Working within our Transmission Planning Department, the engineer will be responsible for conducting comprehensive studies, developing plans, and recommending improvements to enhance the overall reliability, capacity, and performance of our power transmission infrastructure.
Network Analysis and Planning: Perform power system studies, load flow analysis, voltage regulation, and transient stability studies to identify potential transmission bottlenecks, weaknesses, and areas for optimization.
Transmission Expansion Projects: Participate in the development of new transmission projects, assess their feasibility, and provide technical input on conceptual designs, route selections, and cost estimates.
Grid Reliability and NERC Compliance: Ensure that the transmission system complies with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards and other regulatory requirements. Identify potential risks and implement measures to enhance grid reliability and security.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years in power transmission planning or related roles within the energy industry.
- Strong knowledge of power system analysis software, such as PSS/E, PSCAD, or PowerWorld.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Python, MATLAB) and data analysis tools.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (optional but desirable).