We have an immediate opportunity for a Transportation Engineering Group Lead to join a growing firm in the Las Vegas area. This is a senior-level position responsible for leading and managing engineering design projects with a focus on traffic and transit. The position provides consultation to clients and applies expertise to guide project teams in research, preparation and delivery of plans, designs, documents and specifications. The position will assist in work winning efforts and be a technical expert in the traffic engineering field. The Transportation Engineering Group Lead serves as a mentor and fosters a culture that encourages employee growth and engagement.
- Identifies and engages potential clients and/or projects and leverages relationships to win new work and expand our market.
- Consults with clients to gather specifications, contribute expertise, make recommendations, and deliver design proposals.
- Oversees the production and design of transportation engineering and planning projects.
- Oversees the production of technical letters/reports such as trip generations, roadway design, traffic studies for new developments, safety reports, crash diagrams, and signal operation reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of all permitting within area of expertise including local and state agencies.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of NDOT submittal process and can lead delivery of submittals.
- Advises on standards requirements, regulatory topics, construction techniques and cost analyses.
- Actively contributes ideas, expertise and recommendations based upon industry knowledge.
- Performs as a Client Manager, and participates in client, agency, and consultant meetings.
- Oversees production processes overseeing deliverables, reviewing work, and coordinating staff.
- Provides support to the Project Director ensuring regular communication regarding project, sub-consultant and staff performance, providing reports and data and coordinating technical items to successfully execute projects.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of responses to proposal solicitations.
- Oversees the preparation and reviews of fee and scope documents for clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer Registration (State of Nevada).
- 10 or more years of experience in transportation engineering (roadway, traffic, and/or transit).
- 4 or more years of experience managing projects.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.