What will you do?
To meet the objectives of the project requirements and government scopes of work, perform and assists in the design, configuration, and operation of building control systems, including fire, security, and other low voltage control sub-systems (such as lighting, data networks, mass notification, etc.). Aid in the creation of designs, drawing development, commissioning, and troubleshooting to guarantee the building control system is operating properly. give thorough information and submittals to customers, consultants, field installation teams, and subcontractors to explain designs and operations.
What qualifications will make you successful?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of access control, CCTV, intrusion detection and intercom systems including software programming and multi-system integration concepts
- Various security vendor hardware and software knowledge required
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and Access
- Be able to read and apply specification to projects, design and solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, RS485, OSDP, etc.) preferred. Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer related drafting tools.
- Perform and assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, floor plan device placement, floor plans, conduit layout, trenching details, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience required
- Experience with AMAG, Genetec, Lenel, Salient, Milestone will added advantage
- Autocad or Microstation experience