Company Summary: This renewable energy company is a distributed generation platform accelerating decarbonization across the country. As a developer and IPP, they deliver clean energy solutions to multifamily properties, C&I rooftops, all types of households and businesses through community solar. The past years, they acquired well known C&I solar developer and since have developed over 500 solar projects from the Northeast all the way to Hawaii.
Position Summary: As a member of the Investments team, the Valuations Manager, Investments will be reporting to the Vice President, Project Finance. The Valuations Manager, Investments must have a strong analytical and valuation background, a deep understanding of solar project value drivers, and an interest in state-level distributed generation incentives and market price trends. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development, maximizing value creation, and a desire to help Aspen achieve its near and long term objectives.
Location: Preference for those based in NY, however this role is open to be remote
The responsibilities of the Valuations Manager, Investments include:
- Develop and optimize the company's analytical function, with a focus on valuation and underlying investments model
- Prepare and maintain in-house view on market rates, valuation methodology and "credit box"
- Perform ad hoc scenario analysis with the goal of maximizing project and portfolio value creation
- Hold relationships with market consultants and maintains pulse on ongoing trends in distributed generation
- Work closely with Investments Team and its stakeholders to the company's IC process
The Valuations Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Business, or related field
- 4-6 years of experience working within a consulting firm, investment bank, project finance team, project developer, or investment platform
- Renewable energy experience, ideally in distributed generation
- Experience with tax equity and debt financing modeling