We have a current opportunity for a Water Treatment Technical Project Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Lenexa. For further information about this position please apply.
- Lenexa - Senior Water/Wastewater PE/PM - experienced in water treatment design - you can be a Project Manager or technically focused as there is scope to place you where you would like to be!
- Must have the technical desire still but can have the ability to lead projects.
- Opportunity to develop into a Subject Matter Expert, Senior Project Manager or Client Service Leader.
- Standard civil engineering firm with Civil, Water, Environmental and Transportation. Also partnered with 7 affiliate companies and opportunities for Design Build.
- Lenexa is where most of the Water group sits, with a smaller group in Chesterfield and Texas is experiencing the most growth due to the need for wastewater engineers.
- Grown by 315 employees since 2019 and within the Water Environment Group there are around 60 employees who are broken down into Water Distribution, Stormwater, Wastewater and Environmental.
- Often work on projects local to the region employees sit in as there are plenty of projects to get involved in - something that engineers enjoy is going to visit their site and employees often do this.
- Due to being a mid-sized firm there are lots of opportunities to work on varying size projects as you often win routine smaller projects but the larger projects too - plenty of scope and avoid repetition of doing the same type of projects over and over.
- Flexible work environment with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH.
- Standard work hours of 9-4 but lots of flexibility around coming in earlier / leaving earlier so long as the 40 hours are in.
- Overtime isn't huge - happens when there's a deadline coming up but it isn't regular or too much. Employees at the Staff or Design Engineer level qualify for straight overtime.
- Employees PE / PM or above receive a year-end bonus which can range from 5-10% depending on their level - received in November.
- Under 10 years' experience = 3 weeks PTO and 1 week of sick leave but can group them together.
- Over 10 years' experience = 4 weeks PTO and 1 week of sick leave, same as above.
Growth & Development:
- Receive a sponsor / mentor directly to aid in the development of engineers.
- In the process of bringing in a Learning & Development Manager to help with situational leadership and leadership development - should have a full program in place this time next year to help get high performers into leadership roles.
- Kansas & Texas will see the most growth with Texas being at 40 heads currently and goals to reach 100 by the end of the year.
- Leaders are available in office and on site to help support, be there to ask questions etc.
- Offer multiple paths - not pigeon-holed into being a PM if that isn't the desire. Engineers can grow into a Subject Matter Expert type role or client facing also.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this position then please reach out to:
816 332 6192